It turns out that icing your skin is actually amazing! Who knew that something so simple could be such a big beauty benefit? While it may seem a bit torturous (especially during the colder months), I think the pros easily outweigh the freezing minute or so you’ll have to endure…
Here are 5 reasons why you should be icing your skin on the daily!
1. Say bye to under eye bags!
Ever wake up with puffy bags under your eyes? I know it all too well! Thankfully, icing your skin is a great way to quickly and easily combat this. Skin icing reduces swelling, making it a perfect remedy for under eye bags. If you don’t want to use ice, you can put two spoons in the freezer overnight and gently press them under your eyes for quick de-swelling in the morning!
2. Get a flawless, even skin tone!
If you have blemishes and uneven skin tone, try out skin icing! The ice will help reduce redness in your skin and de-swell blemishes. If a pesky pimple pops up on your face, holding ice to it for about 30 seconds/a minute may help diminish it faster by reducing inflammation.
3. Prevent/Reduce Wrinkles!
I’m all about anti-aging, so this is my favorite benefit of skin icing! The ice will give a tightening effect to the skin, so it will help reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles!
4. Shrink your pores and smooth out your skin!
Since ice will help tighten your skin, it will make pores to look smaller! The tightening effect will also help unclog your pores, helping to achieve smoother skin. This benefit makes ice a great natural primer!
5. Get an all-natural radiant glow!
Skin icing improve circulation, helping to achieve a nice, natural glow! This is also the reason why it works so well for reducing swelling and diminishing blemishes.
How to safely ice your skin:
- Run the ice cube under water so it doesn’t stick to you if you’re placing it directly onto the skin.
- Use gloves, a wash cloth or something else to hold the ice so you don’t freeze your hand!
- Run the ice over your skin in slow or medium paced circular motions. I would recommend doing it for about 5 minutes, but make sure to stop if your skin feels too sensitive.
- Spend a little bit of extra time on any problem areas if you feel it’s necessary. For example, I normally keep the ice on a blemish for about 30 seconds/intervals of 30 seconds if I’m trying to reduce swelling.
- Gently pat your face dry and continue to your normal skincare routine!
So, have you ever tried icing your skin? If not, I hope you consider trying it after reading one (or all) of these benefits!
P.S. Stay tuned for some super simple and amazing skin ice recipes I’ll be posting for maximum benefits in the near future!
Thanks for reading!